A Thanksgiving must-have from the Reach family recipe book: Sweet Potato Casserole
Can you believe the holiday season is already upon is? I guess when you’re working hard and having fun, time passes by in the blink of an eye. We can all agree the best part about the holidays is time spent with loved ones... A close second? The delicious food! And there's no denying that Thanksgiving wins the Best Holiday Food prize.
Even though we’d like to invite everyone to Reach HQ to indulge in all the tasty Thanksgiving dishes, we can’t bring ourselves to steal you away from your family. So instead, we dug through the Reach family recipe book and picked out one of Grandma’s favorite homemade recipes to share. Grab a pen or take a screenshot so you can make it this year and maybe even add it to your Thanksgiving tradition for years to come!
Some variety of potato is most likely on everyone’s Thanksgiving menu, right? I mean what goes better with turkey than some carb-filled side dishes? This recipe is simple and quick (perfect for you last-minute chefs), but your guests will think you worked on it for hours!Prep time: 5 minutesCook time: 35 minutesTotal time: 40 minutesIngredients
1 28-ounce can of sweet potatoes/yams1 cup of sugar½ teaspoon salt½ stick of margarine2 eggs, beatenTopping:1 cup of dark brown sugar1/3 cup of flour1 cup of pecans, chopped1/3 cup of melted margarineInstructions
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl, mix sweet potatoes, sugar, salt, ½ stick of margarine and eggs.
- After thoroughly mixed, pour mixture in a casserole dish and spread evenly throughout.
- In a large bowl, mix brown sugar, flour, pecans and melted margarine.
- Crumble topping mixture on top of sweet potato mixture.
- Bake for 35 minutes, uncovered.
- Voila! Allow the casserole to cool for 7-10 minutes, then serve!
Happy Thanksgiving from the Reach Team!